We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
Information we might collect
In order to bring you the best possible service, we might collect several kinds of information when you navigate on our website:- When you register on our website you may be asked to enter your name, address, email address, phone number.
- We will also hold the delivery address(es) for your orders, the login and password associated with your account and a record of your product selection and actions on our website.
- If you have request any information, send any emails to our customer service, subscribe to our newsletter or any service, enter a competition, vote for a product or complete feedback, we might also hold your name, address, telephone number, email address and other information such as your age, interests or product preferences.
- We and our third party providers of advertisements and content may also collect information about where you are on the internet (IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com, URL you came from), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on and any search terms that you entered on our website. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
What your information may be used for
You’re not a spam lover? Neither are we. That’s the reason why we promise to use your personal information in a way that will only contribute to improving our service. For instance, we will never share your personal information with any unconnected third party when not necessary. In some cases, when we might need to share some of that information with third parties that we would hire to help us develop our services offer, this will be done with the target of improving what we offer to you and the Qeytek community.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used either:
- To process your orders
- To improve our website
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To improve customer service
- To improve your navigation experience
- To send periodic emails, improve our advertisement or notify you of products and offers
By visiting qeytek.co.uk, you agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes, whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How do we protect your information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies? You mean biscuits?
A cookie is also a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard drive by your computer browser. It enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser, capture and remember certain information in order to interact with you, improve and personalize your experience.
Will your personal information be disclosed to other parties?
We totally respect the confidentiality of your personal information. It may be disclosed to other trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others rights, property, or safety. You should be aware that if we are requested by the police (or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities), to provide your Personal Information and/or User Information, we are entitled do so.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Because we value your privacy, we will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us:
24, Stretton Close, Penn, High Wycombe, Bucks HP10 8EW
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to the address shown above or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
General Terms relating to website use
Please also visit our General Terms relating to website use section establishing disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our website. This can be found at the bottom of each page of our website.
This policy was last modified on 07/01/13.
Tel: 020 7097 1225